Introduction to Aromatherapy Workshop
Progression: Learners may be inspired by attending our Aromatherapy Courses for Beginners – Aromatherapy Discovery Day
Qualification gained: Candidates will be presented with a certificate of attendance for this course; however, this workshop does accumulate professional CPD points.
Workshop accredited by FHT and Think Tree Hub industry professional associations.
FHT members will earn 5 FHT CPD credits by attending this workshop and Think Tree Hub members will earn 5 CPD points.
Other professional organisations also offer CPD points for workshops such as this – please check with your membership provider.
A one-day Workshop exploring the fascinating and intriguing world of Aromatherapy.
This Aromatherapy Course for Beginners will examine the benefits and life-enriching properties of essential oils.
Join us to discover and learn about the history of Aromatherapy; understand how powerful our sense of smell is and how, through different applications, we can use essential oils in our home to lift the mood, elevate the spirit or restore calmness and tranquillity.
We will also examine carrier oils (used to dilute essential oils and “carry” them to the skin) and discover how they can be used to add an extra dimension to blends, to moisturise and nourish the skin.
During the day we will focus on 8 essential oils and look at ways to create your own aromatic fragrance. We will then go on to prepare an effective, individual blend for a shower gel to suit your mood.
At the end of the course, you will leave with your own pack of 8 essential oils, your blended oil in a rollerball, your blended shower gel and a lavender bag, all for your own home use together with recipes for soaps, candles and seasonal pot pourri.
Where to study Aromatherapy: At the School of Natural Therapies, we offer you the opportunity to continue your Aromatherapy learning journey.
Aromatherapy Courses for Beginners to explore this subject in much more detail and become a professional Aromatherapist. Join the School of Natural Therapies ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist, in which you will also learn how to blend and use essential oils and carrier oils for a full body massage treatment.
For further information on this course, please explore further by clicking this link
The Introduction to Aromatherapy Workshop will open doors to the world of Aromatherapy and provide an insight into the benefits of essential oils for home use. It also provides a flavour of the full diploma course, which students may enrol on, after attending this workshop.
Students will discover:
- The history of Aromatherapy
- How our sense of smell works and how it is linked to our memory
- Eight key essential oils – Bergamot, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender and Ylang Ylang
- How these essential oils can be used safely and effectively for home use
- Types and effective properties of carrier oils
- How to select and blend carrier oils to moisturise and nourish skin
- Ways to create a blend of carrier oil and essential oils
- How to blend essential oils
- Making a blend to use in a rollerball applicator
- Making a blend to use in a shower gel
- a lavender bag to refresh the smell of your clothes
A range of recipes for soaps, candles and seasonal pot pouri.
Should students wish to learn more about Aromatherapy they may choose to join the Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist course. This course is accredited by ITEC and provides the way forward to add Aromatherapy into your existing practice or as a specialist training resource for those intending to pursue a career in the expanding essential oil product industries.
A £70.00 discount on the ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapy course fee will be offered to learners attending this workshop.
This Diploma Course is an inspiring, well-structured training programme, which:
- Outlines in more detail, the history and benefits of Aromatherapy
- Explores the concept and use of plants as medicines and how essential oils are extracted from plant material
- Compares origins and uses of 42 essential oils including botanical source, origin, characteristics and aroma, chemical constituents, indications and contraindications to use
- Compares origins and uses of carrier oils and lotions including botanical source, origin, characteristics and aroma, chemical constituents, and contraindications to use
- Assesses cautions and contraindications for use of essential oils
- Considers the synergy, inhalation, blending and application of essential oils
- Looks at methods of application including inhalations, baths, massage, compresses, creams, ointments, lotions and gels; hair and mouth care
- Teaches practical massage skills and routines
- Identifies a range of skills and knowledge to establish and maintain a professional aromatherapy practice
- Discusses legal implications
- Evaluates assessment and client care
Course fee £187.00 including set of 8 essential oils at value of £37.00
Deposit to secure a place £30.00
Course fee includes:
Comprehensive course manual on the day
- Guided learning in class, both theoretical and practical, with tutor support
- Direction and advice for further home study
- FHT and Think Tree Hub accredited certificate on completion of course
- Friendly, relaxed environment
Info to follow
Are there any entry requirements to take this course?
There are no formal requirements to attend the Introduction to Aromatherapy workshop; however, to join the ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist course, students will be required to achieve or already be holders in their Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Massage course.