Authentic Indian Head Massage Diploma Course
Online and Practical Study
(Accredited by Think Tree Hub – 10 CPD points)
An opportunity to study Indian Head Massage in its traditional form.
Kush Kumar is a qualified lecturer and authority on Indian Head Massage. He was brought up with Indian Head Massage, and has travelled extensively to different parts of India to supplement and enhance existing techniques. Kush has since established the Confederation of Indian Head Massage, and has appeared on satellite TV to talk about the therapy.
He is also the author of a published book – ‘Authentic Indian Head Massage’.
This course is structured as a level 3 qualification and with the practical exam, it will determine your theoretical and practical skills ready for industry standard.
It consists of both practical and theoretical training – the theory is set up as an online course for you to work at your own pace, prior to the practical training – please check dates for practical training and assessment.
The course includes:-
- Full day’s practical training
- Practical exam
- 3 x Case Studies (details in online training module)
Once the initial payment has been made, the online theory will be delivered to your email inbox and you can begin to study the theoretical knowledge at your own pace. You will of course need to have completed the theoretical training, before the practical training day.
Please check for the next available practical training date
There is also an opportunity to become a member of Think Tree Hub at a discounted rate for course attendees – please click through to discover who they are.
- An authentic approach to Indian Head Massage looking at the spiritual and healing aspects of the therapy.
- A look at key features which lend themselves specifically to Indian Head Massage e.g. chakra balancing and consultation guide
- A comprehensive study of the authentic techniques covering the back, neck, shoulders, head, face and ears.
- An additional oil scalp massage.
- A flexible course which contains both taught and self–directed learning, to enable students to complete the Diploma at their own pace and at their convenience.
Course cost £297.00
A deposit of £149.00 (50%) will secure your place.
Once the deposit has been received, you will receive the following:
- Confirmation email
- On-line theory training platform to your inbox – allowing you to start the theory at your own pace. (Please note that theory must be completed prior to the practical course day)
- Additional course details together with the banking details for the outstanding balance (£148.00) payable prior to the course start will be sent to you.
- Comprehensive online theory course – sent to your inbox.
- Downloadable course manual
- Practical element (1 days training – see dates)
- Assessment half day (see dates)
- Case study marking
- Diploma from Think Tree Hub and School of Natural Therapies (dual certification)
- A friendly and relaxed learning environment
Do I need massage experience to take this course?
Yes, the course intention is for the professional therapist to expand, build upon and add to their existing level 3 massage skills.
You will need a recognised qualification at level3 or above in bodywork; massage, sports massage, aromatherapy or reflexology – this must include an A&P element.
ITEC/VTCT/C&G/CIBTAC/CIDESCO are all examples of awarded qualifications that are acceptable.
What times are the courses?
This is a course that combines on-line theory (which you will study before the course) with a one-day classroom based practical session, learning the traditional techniques of Indian Head Massage in their traditional form.
The practical class is scheduled from 9.30am until 5pm. Attendees are asked to arrive 15 minutes earlier on the day for registration.
How do I secure a place on this course?
The course is booked via our website. Simply register and pay the deposit.
An acknowledgement email will be sent to you with venue, dates and payment balance details. You will also receive the on-line theory course to your email inbox.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring the downloadable practical diagrams, which you will be able to print off from your on-line course manual notes.
We will supply hand sanitiser, any required PPE (depending on government guidelines at the time) and Indian Head Massage oils.
Please wear loose-fitting and comfortable trousers and a loose-fitting top as well, so that we can work comfortably on the upper back during training, You may wish to bring a hat, towel or scarf for travelling home with oiled hair.
May I video the practical demonstrations?
Certainly, provided this is agreeable with the person you are working with. However, we do insist that no uploading will be made to any social network platform.