Chair Massage Plus
Qualification gained: Diploma in Chair Massage Plus
There’s no denying that the modern work life style encourages extended periods of sitting, particularly in front of work stations and computers. This in itself can bring not only associated stress and headaches, but muscle tightness and dysfunction, soreness and pain.
For those looking to offer a stress relief and muscle dysfunction chair massage and much more, this new, innovative and unique course will take your skills, repertoire and massage business to new heights.
Research strongly suggests that the benefits of regular chair based massage in an office environment has the following benefits:
- Reduction in headaches, usually caused by sitting in front of a work screen
- Helps to relieve muscle tension/dysfunction
- Improves mental clarity
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases work related stress
- Energises the client
So, you will learn how to deliver a highly mobile and effective 10- 30 minute stress busting and tension relieving adaptable routine, combining acupressure with a series of adapted chair based techniques, to impact on all body systems – all this while the client sits fully clothed and without the need for oil.
You’ll be surprised how efficient this treatment can be in minimal time making it more affordable and viable for those with little time to spare.
An excellent course for those wishing to make an impact in the commercial market of chair massage or those with a desire to expand their skill set and understanding of muscle dysfunction and solutions for office based staff and other industries.
Please note that students should hold a minimum acceptable qualification of Level 3 or above in either Swedish/Holistic/Body/Sports Massage.
At the end of the course, successful students will be issued with a Diploma in Chair Massage.
- Positioning your client correctly on the chair for maximum comfort and minimal stress, whilst observing good standards of hygiene for continuous workplace massage clients.
- The theory of acupressure and why this ancient tradition is still highly thought of today in the modern world
- Cautions and contra-indications
- Re-cap and revision of standard ‘holistic style’ massage techniques and how these are adapted for the chair.
- Ensuring that the therapist is able to adapt their posture for effective and safe working with fully clothed clients and without the use of oil and other massage mediums.
- At the end of the day, the student will be able to demonstrate an effective and highly sought after massage routine for their future clients.
Cost of this course: £150.00
A deposit of £30.00 will secure your place.
The course fees include the following:
- 8 hours of guided learning of which at least 6 hours are hands on massage
- Comprehensive Manual exclusive to SNT
- Massage Chairs and associated equipment for use in class
- Advice on selecting and purchasing your own chair
- A Diploma from School of Natural Therapies
- A friendly and relaxed learning environment
Assessment throughout day
I absolutely loved this 1-day course! I learnt so much and now feel confident to bring my new-found chair massage skills into my practice. The course booklet is super clear and easy to follow, with plenty of handy additional information to help with pushing my practice forward. It was a really enjoyable day and I’ve come away a much better therapist. The course was really well planned out and delivered, and was progressive without feeling rushed. I’ve come away having had a fantastic experience and I’ll definitely be back to do more courses in the future. Highly recommended!!
Ian Bennett (September 30, 2021)
I completed this course with Suz and it was superb. The sequences taught are highly adaptable and versatile and valuable for any therapist to have. Because it can be used through clothes and without oil, it is an extremely accessible way to treat clients, and the movements range from gentle relaxing strokes to very deep stretches, so suitable for a variety of preferences. Suz delivered the course clearly and enthusiastically, and made it easy to remember the sequences. The handy reference booklet with photos is perfect to take notes in and refer back to later. Highly recommended!
Ariel (September 19, 2021)
The chair massage course far exceeded my expectations in every way. Suz is a first class teacher and taught the course with enthusiasm, warmth and humour. She clearly explained each part of the process and how to tailor a massage appropriately. Ample time was given for practice to check technique. It’s such a valuable and versatile skill and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is looking to expand their skill set.
Belinda (May 9, 2019)