Chair Massage Plus
Qualification gained: Diploma in Chair Massage Plus
There’s no denying that the modern work life style encourages extended periods of sitting, particularly in front of work stations and computers. This in itself can bring not only associated stress and headaches, but muscle tightness and dysfunction, soreness and pain.
For those looking to offer a stress relief and muscle dysfunction chair massage and much more, this new, innovative and unique course will take your skills, repertoire and massage business to new heights.
Research strongly suggests that the benefits of regular chair based massage in an office environment has the following benefits:
- Reduction in headaches, usually caused by sitting in front of a work screen
- Helps to relieve muscle tension/dysfunction
- Improves mental clarity
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases work related stress
- Energises the client
So, you will learn how to deliver a highly mobile and effective 10- 30 minute stress busting and tension relieving adaptable routine, combining acupressure with a series of adapted chair based techniques, to impact on all body systems – all this while the client sits fully clothed and without the need for oil.
You’ll be surprised how efficient this treatment can be in minimal time making it more affordable and viable for those with little time to spare.
An excellent course for those wishing to make an impact in the commercial market of chair massage or those with a desire to expand their skill set and understanding of muscle dysfunction and solutions for office based staff and other industries.
Please note that students should hold a minimum acceptable qualification of Level 3 or above in either Swedish/Holistic/Body/Sports Massage.
At the end of the course, successful students will be issued with a Diploma in Chair Massage.
- Positioning your client correctly on the chair for maximum comfort and minimal stress, whilst observing good standards of hygiene for continuous workplace massage clients.
- The theory of acupressure and why this ancient tradition is still highly thought of today in the modern world
- Cautions and contra-indications
- Re-cap and revision of standard ‘holistic style’ massage techniques and how these are adapted for the chair.
- Ensuring that the therapist is able to adapt their posture for effective and safe working with fully clothed clients and without the use of oil and other massage mediums.
- At the end of the day, the student will be able to demonstrate an effective and highly sought after massage routine for their future clients.
Cost of this course: £150.00
A deposit of £30.00 will secure your place.
The course fees include the following:
- 8 hours of guided learning of which at least 6 hours are hands on massage
- Comprehensive Manual exclusive to SNT
- Massage Chairs and associated equipment for use in class
- Advice on selecting and purchasing your own chair
- A Diploma from School of Natural Therapies
- A friendly and relaxed learning environment
Assessment throughout day