ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology for the Complementary Therapist QN 603/4094/0
Qualification gained: ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
This course is open to existing therapists or beginners. Beginners will need to undertake an Anatomy & Physiology qualification alongside of this course.
The School of Natural Therapies’ ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology Course provides an exciting, dynamic and thoroughly enjoyable learning experience for all students undertaking one of our internationally recognised diplomas. The course is open to experienced complementary health practitioners, or complete beginners. Whatever your background, it provides a vital ‘stepping stone’ for candidates wanting to move into the rapidly growing field of complementary health.
With a long standing reputation for learning excellence and on-going tutor support, the School of Natural Therapies’ prides itself on ensuring that students are well prepared for the ITEC Diploma examination. On successful completion of the examination, post graduate students will be able to begin a new career or earn additional income in a number of different ways.
Did you know?
The School of Natural Therapies are working to the new ITEC syllabus, which incorporates the new QCF (Qualification Credit Framework) standards. The QCF is at the heart of a major educational reform process in England, Wales & Ireland which allows skills gained (such as this diploma course) to have value and credit in industry needs, opening up collaborative working opportunities between sector skills councils (SSC’s) standards setting bodies (SSB’s) employers and awarding organisations and to suit potential employer’s needs.
Credits gained in these QCF’s can now count towards future education and university degrees.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is the ancient art of applying pressure to the feet and hands using specific thumb, finger and hand techniques – it is based on a system of ten ‘zones’ and ‘reflex areas’, that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands. Its function is to effect a physical healing and changes to homeostasis by releasing ‘blockages’ and restoring the free-flow of energy through the body .
The therapy was developed by Eunace Ingham in the mid to late twentieth century; however, the principles of treating the body holistically (Literally – as a whole) using lines of energy, date back thousands of years.
In the tomb of Ankhamor, there are a series of pictures, illustrating what seems to be a similar art to Reflexology, whereby a physician is holding and manipulating both feet and hands. In today’s stressful lifestyles, more and more people are reaping the benefits of the art of Reflexology.
What are the benefits of Reflexology?
Research has shown the specific techniques of reflexology to be effective and beneficial in many ways, it:
- It relieves stress and creates relaxation – 75% of disease is thought to be stress related.
- In order for the body to maintain ‘homeostasis’, it needs energy in the form of oxygen and nutrients, which are circulated in the blood. Reflexology increases blood circulation, it increases the efficiency of cells and therefore organs.
- It helps to prelease trapped nervous energy and improves neural pathways – somewhere in the region of 7000 nerves are stimulated through reflexology massage.
- It improves the elimination of waste material, which can be harmful to the body if it accumulates.
- It activates ‘self-healing’ in the body
- Pain reduction – documented in 27 studies including research showing impact on individuals of all ages and health states
- Aids post-operative recovery: Reflexology work aids recovery after surgery as shown by several studies, reducing pain and lessening the use of post-operative analgesics.
- Complements cancer care: Pain, nausea, vomiting, and/or anxiety eased for chemotherapy patients following reflexology work as shown by16 studies from 7 countries.
- Eases pregnancy, delivery and post-partum effects: Women who received reflexology experienced shorter labour times and used less analgesia. In addition, reflexology showed a positive impact on postpartum depression, anxiety, urination and bowel movements.
The ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology is a fast track, intensive course of study designed for those wishing to build the base from which to develop a career in alternative therapies.
The course is run by enthusiastic, dedicated ITEC professionals, who teach not because they can do but because they love to. The Diploma comprises of 4 independent units (for complete beginners) or just some of those units if applicants already hold an acceptable qualification in Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology or another ITEC level 3 Complementary Therapy Diploma within the past 3 years . Please contact us is you are unsure and we will be happy to guide you.
Unit 381 – Provide Reflexology for Complementary Therapies
(Candidates will be assessed on this unit by a 1 hour practical examination.)
- Learn how to prepare for a Reflexology treatment and perform and adapt the reflexology treatment to suit individual clients with different needs and requirements.
- Students will also provide evidence of 60 treatments and 40 case studies.
Level 3 Reflexology Unit 381 ONLY £799.00 + exam fee (if you have already achieved the other 3 mandatory Units 383,384 & 385 – A&P, Principles & Business for Complementary Therapies)
A deposit of £160.00 will secure your place.
Course fees may be paid in full or the balance may be spread over three monthly instalments of £226.00 (This includes a 5% admin fee)
The course fees include the following:
- Guided learning in class with tutor support.
- Direction and support for home study.
- Comprehensive course notes in PDF format that you can download onto a tablet to bring with you to class or print off at home to bring along if you prefer
- A4 pad and pen
- ITEC Diploma certificate.
- A copy of Louise Tucker’s Introductory Guide to Anatomy & Physiology text book (if taking the Anatomy course with us too)
- Note pad and pen.
- Advice, guidance and discount with choosing and purchasing a quality Reflexology chair and equipment
- A friendly and relaxed learning environment
- A selection of discounted relevant Reflexology text books available to purchase at student rates
Please note that an ITEC registration & examination fee of £104.00 is also payable within the first 3 months of the course.
If you need to take the other 3 units too please enrol on our ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology £599 which will cover everything you need or please call us to discuss your situation and we will advise the best possible route for you to take.
What are the entry requirments for this course?
To undertake this course, you’ll need to check whether you’ll need to undertake any additional units, which may be required to fulfil the requirements of ITEC, in order to receive your diploma.
This may include Anatomy & Physiology if you don’t already hold a recognised diploma – there are two further units which comprise of the Business unit, which we cover in a full training day and an assignment where students are asked to research four other complementary therapies.
If you already hold a recognised level 3 Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology, you may be exempt from this unit – but best to check with us to make sure that it will be recognised for ITEC requirements. You can do this by emailing us, by calling us for an informal chat, on 0203 544 6544, or you can Skype us too.
Similarly, if you have recently studied other complementary therapies, such as massage or aromatherapy, with a UK recognised awarding body, you may be exempt from the Business unit – again it is a good idea to check this out with us.
If you don’t hold any of these prior qualifications, we will be pleased to accept you onto this course as a complete beginner with no prior experience. You will need to register also for our Anatomy & Physiology Diploma as well, which incurs additional fees of course.
ITEC Practical Reflexology Examination – 1 hour
- ITEC Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology – the paper is 50 ‘multiple choice’ questions in 55 minutes. (unless you hold this qualification, or its equivalent already)
- The Business unit is assignment based and after attending our additional business day, you will be required to submit a small business plan, which is assessed internally by the tutor and verified by the visiting ITEC examiner on exam day.
- The Principles unit is assignment based and requires the student to research and write up four short reports on four different complementary therapies. This is assessed internally by the tutor and verified by the visiting ITEC examiner on exam day.
I would highly recommend studying at the SNT for the ITEC Diploma in Reflexology. The reflexology class size was small and our tutor Julie Quinn was very approachable and experienced. Helen, our A & P tutor made the classes really enjoyable, taught in a clear, organised way and gave us excellent exam prep. The business module was also very comprehensively covered by Trevor. Overall a great experience.
Laura Newry (January 14, 2020)
Choosing SNT for my reflexology diploma was the best decision I could have made! From the minute I requested more info on the school and course, I received excellent service. All the tutors are extremely knowledgable, they have great methods in getting the learning material across and will do their best to get you to your finish line. They are all so friendly and helpful with whatever small the issue may be! I highly recommend SNT for whatever course you choose, you won’t be disappointed. All the best Helen – thanks for everything!! Michelle
Michelle (September 11, 2017)
Having studied A & P with the School of Natural Therapies, it was an obvious choice to also study for my L3 Reflexology with the team. The staff are brilliant and support you all the way, enabling me to gain a Distinction overall which I’m so pleased with
Liz Shipsey (August 8, 2017)
I have worked in office jobs my whole life and decided it was time for a change. I came across the reflexology course at the School of Natural Therapies on the AoR website and thought it looked great to fit around work and a small child to look after. Julie was such an inspiring tutor and I was instantly hooked on it. Even though there were lots of case studies to complete, I really enjoyed all of them as my confidence grew each time and I got to understand how to feel for imbalances in the feet. One of the men I treated was told he would never father children of his own and within two months, his girlfriend was pregnant after 5 years of trying. I can’t say for sure that it was the reflexology that enabled this to happen but he certainly seemed to think so which was a real confidence boost. I would highly recommend this course and college to anyone thinking of applying, whether you’re already a practising therapist or wanting to completely change your job, like me. It is such a relaxed and friendly environment to study in and all of the tutors are really helpful and supportive
Amanda (June 17, 2017)
When I decided to re-train and become a Reflexologist, I did a lot of research into suitable UK training schools that offered intensive learning that I could fit around my work commitments. I immediately contacted The School of Natural Therapies for its clear and friendly, yet professional website and when I spoke with Marc, the principal of the school regarding the details of his course, he was every bit as approachable and helpful as I expected. I signed up to the course right away.
As a complete novice I took both the Reflexology and A&P classes. Yes, they are short and very intensive courses that seem very daunting at first. Importantly, tutors Amy, Helen, and Iris are very knowledgeable and highly skilled teachers with a outright passion for the topics they teach. I absolutely enjoyed their gentle guidance coupled with a no-nonsense professional teaching style, they get right to the core of the subject and make one or two of the more banal topics cheerful and easy to remember. With their help and my commitment, I’m delighted that I’ve just passed both courses with flying colours.
I have no hesitation in recommending SNT as an outstanding training school for holistic therapies. In fact, I’m already looking at booking my next course with them.
Thank you so much guys smile
Sam Lennie (April 15, 2015)