The School of Natural Therapies
Studying Massage in 2021 – There has never been a better time!
Here at the School of Natural Therapies, we have been teaching massage and holistic therapies for over 30 years.
In light of the Covid19 pandemic, there have of course been some enormous social and commercial changes, on a very significant scale.
Industry has changed dramatically, and many people find themselves working at home at their new workstations, often in less than favourable seated working postures – and for long periods of time.
As a result, lack of movement and bad posture are leading to common soft tissue and musco-skeletal issues, meaning that therapeutic interventions such as massage and remedial work is now in higher demand than ever.
We Need Human Touch Now More Than Ever…
According to research conducted at the University of North Carolina, physical touch decreased disease and a stronger immune system among many other benefits.
With a tech-saturated world, human touch is in danger of becoming rare, if not obsolete. Humans become nearly unrecognisable in the absence of touch.
Sharon K. Farber, psychotherapist and author says: –
“Being touched and touching someone else are fundamental modes of human interaction, and increasingly, many people are seeking out their own professional touchers and body arts teachers—chiropractors, physical therapists, Gestalt therapists, massage therapists, and martial arts instructors. And some even wait in physicians’ offices for a physical examination for ailments with no organic cause—they wait to be touched.”
For these reasons, the massage and holistic therapy industries have found themselves offering an array of solutions to these new founded human issues and interest in working in the chain of health and wellbeing sector industries are more popular than ever.
From complete beginners to those reigniting their existing massage skills, we offer a vast array of post graduate courses to advance massage, remedial and holistic skills even further if required.
Our aim is to develop your passion and love for the fascinating and increasingly popular world of massage, and holistic therapies. Our team of dedicated knowledgeable, skilled and experienced tutors provide a personal and committed standard of tuition, which is reflected in the achievements of our students.
We also recognise that people want to study massage at different times, so we offer weekday evening class and weekend daytime options to suit everyone.
Our conveniently located training venue in London’s leafy Clapham offers a safe professional teaching environment and all teaching and support staff are well versed and trained in Covid safe working and teaching practices – you can be assured that you will studying in as safe environment as we can make it!!
- Diploma in Massage – ITEC Level 3 QN 603/4092/7
- Diploma in Sports Massage ITEC Level 3 QN 603/4501/9
- Sports Massage Conversion Course (Leading to Diploma in Sports Massage ITEC Level 3 QN 603/4501/9
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for the Complementary Therapist QN 603/4100/2
- BTEC Clinical Sports & Remedial Massage Course and Soft Tissue Therapy Level 5 (Bridging Programme available for existing L3 therapists)
- Diploma in Deep Tissue Massage and Remedial Therapy techniques (accredited course – two days)
We also offer the following accredited courses: –
- Reflexology (ITEC Level 3) QN 603/4094/0
- Massage in Pregnancy – a specialised form of massage in a growing field of work (accredited course – one day)
- Kinesiology Taping Course (one day)
- Trigger Point Therapy (one day)
- Cupping Therapy (one day)
All of the above courses are industry recognised and awarded by ITEC (International Therapies Examination Council) who are recognised in 32 countries around the world, Think Tree Hub and the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) who are both leading industry membership bodies here in the UK.
Our highly sought after and industry respected diploma, awarded by BTEC in Clinical Sport & Remedial Massage and Soft Tissue Therapy at Level 5 standard – one of the highest qualifications in this field in the UK.
Why not read what past students have said about our courses by clicking on Feedback
Our courses include:
- Comprehensive Course Notes exclusive to the School of Natural Therapies
- Course Textbook and access to additional textbooks at discounted prices.
- Massage couches, bolsters & oil/cream are included during classes
Our practical tutor groups will never be any larger than a maximum of:
- We don’t have large classes – this means that all students have adequate access to tutor supervision throughout practical training sessions
- In the current Coivid19 climate, we have action plans in place where lockdown may be a possibility – this means we revert to online tuition and keep the courses running.
- For our Level 5 diploma in Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage, we have industry experts supervising students, including a sports physiotherapist amongst our dedicated team.
Our holistic and massage courses are accredited or recognised by leading industry associations such as:
Who are all professional industry awarding bodies
For advanced massage training and short courses, our courses are accredited by professional membership associations including Think Tree Hub and The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT), who are also able to offer a number of membership benefits, including discounted therapists insurance.