The School of Natural Therapies
Here at the School of Natural Therapies, we’ve been teaching massage and holistic therapies for nearly 30 years now.
Our aim is to develop your passion and love for the fascinating and increasingly popular world of massage, and holistic therapies. Our team of dedicated knowledgeable, skilled and experienced tutors provide a personal and committed standard of tuition, which is reflected in the achievements of our students.
We also recognise that people want to study massage at different times, so we offer weekday and weekend options to suit everyone.
Over the years for example, our fast-track ITEC level 3 Holistic Massage Diploma has prepared a vast array of successful therapists for success – many going on to start their own business, earn an extra income stream or to advance their massage skills even further after qualifying. Our fast-track courses take place over 4 months, so that students can qualify as soon as possible, seek employment and start to see an income sooner.
Once you have qualified with us, we offer advanced massage training in the following:
- Deep Tissue Massage and Remedial Therapy techniques.
- Massage in Pregnancy – a specialised form of massage in a growing field of work
- Chair Massage for office based staff as well as other workplaces and public arenas
- Reflexology (ITEC Level 3) for either beginners, or those wishing to add this to their repertoire.
All of the above courses are industry recognised and awarded by ITEC (International Therapies Examination Council) who are recognised in 32 countries around the world or the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) who are a leading industry membership body here in the UK.
We also offer a highly sought after and industry respected diploma, awarded by BTEC in Clinical Sport & Remedial Massage at Level 5 standard – one of the highest qualifications in this field in the UK.
Why not read what past students have said about our courses by clicking on Feedback
According to a recent, well respected industry survey, massage therapy was rated as number 3 in a league table of industries who have fared the best in the recent financial climate! And so we have seen a steady flow of old massage therapists and complete beginners, all wishing to train, re-train or extend their current massage and holistic therapy skills by attending one of our many advanced, or post grad courses.
Our training venues are professional, well established and many offer convenient links to public transport, or offer parking facilities for those who choose to get there under their own steam!
Our courses include:
- Comprehensive Course Notes exclusive to the School of Natural Therapies
- Our very own massage routines on DVD are available for students
- Massage couches, oils/creams and treatment products are all included during teaching sessions
Our practical tutor groups will never be any larger than a maximum of:
- 16 students for our Holistic Massage diploma (including two tutors for practical supervision and teaching)
- 14 students for Reflexology training
- For our Level 5 diploma in Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage, we have slightly larger groups with three industry experts supervising students, including a qualified osteopath and a sports physiotherapist amongst our dedicated team.
Our holistic and massage courses are accredited or recognised by leading industry associations such as:
Who are all professional industry awarding bodies
For advanced massage training, our courses are accredited by the professional membership association, The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT), who are also able to offer a number of membership benefits, including discounted therapists insurance.
Finally, as Principal of the School, I wish good luck to all that train through us and I hope you all enjoy long and successful careers after your training.
Marc Innes, School Principal