Pregnancy and Postnatal Massage
Qualification gained: 5 FHT CPD credits (also eligible for CPD points with most professional associations)
When a woman becomes pregnant, her body goes through a multitude of physical changes and adaptations – mentally and emotionally there are usually changes too and this all happens whilst she is not only the process of growing her baby, but preparing to delivering it into the world.
In preparing and writing this course, we have worked very closely with an Obstetrics Registrar, who has endorsed the contents of the manual to ensure that it is medically and clinically accurate and correct – she has also very kindly given her medical and clinical views on the benefits of massage in Pregnancy – we thank her very much indeed for her help and endorsement.
In her final comments to the school, she says: “Research has linked stress and subsequent increased Cortisol levels with adverse pregnancy outcomes such as premature labour, and reduced birth weight. There has also been evidence to link increased maternal stress with the future cognitive development of the foetus. Pregnancy can be a stressful time for a woman, especially with external unforeseen circumstances and pre-existing mental health problems which are becoming more prevalent in the modern world. The benefits of massage both ante-natally and post-natally should not be underestimated both for the mental wellbeing of the mother, and also for the immediate and longer term wellbeing of the foetus”
This course will equip you to understand these processes and to safely treat pregnant clients with nurturing and healing massage through all stages of their pregnancy, and to ease the common discomforts associated with pregnancy.
The course is unusual in that it also deals with post-natal massage, an area which is often neglected, and will set you apart from those only trained in pregnancy massage.
This CPD course is suitable for therapists qualified in massage and anatomy and physiology to a UK recognised qualification at level 3 or above
The Pregnancy Massage course is an intensive course that is unique in that we provide training in safe techniques for massage in the first as well as the second and third trimesters. Students will also learn and understand –
- Anatomical and Physiological changes during the three trimesters
- Towel Management and maintaining clients dignity
- Looking after your posture while working on a pregnant client
- Client consultation and contra-indications
- After care advice and strengthening exercises
- Common conditions during pregnancy
- Serious and life-threatening complications of pregnancy
- Contra-indications to pregnancy massage
- Changes and adjustments during the first 6 weeks 25
- Massage during the first trimester
- Massage during the second trimester, comfort and positioning
- Side-lying techniques for the second and third trimester
- Post-natal massage
- Techniques for healing from labour
- Post-delivery exercise advice 16 Marketing pregnancy massage
Course fee £160.00
Deposit to secure a place £40.00
Course fee includes:
- Pre-course learning material
- Comprehensive course manual on the day
- Guided learning in class, both theoretical and practical, with tutor support
- Direction and advice for further home study and marketing
- FHT accredited certificate on completion of course
- Friendly, relaxed environment
Are there any entry requirements to take this course?
ITEC Anatomy, Physiology & Holistic Massage or equivalent
Brilliant course, thank you
Judit Sido (October 7, 2020)
Loved it, thanks!
Tilly Seargeant (October 7, 2020)
Very happy to have decided to attend the course!
Anon (October 7, 2020)
This is a lovely course to do. Informal and friendly. The Tutor Annette is full of knowledge and experince and it comes across her teaching. This course is a great add-on to my existing massage skills and as requested by my client base I can now offer package deal with the Preganancy and Post Natal Massage. As a natural progression I hope to do the Baby Massage course that hopefuly will be running next year.
Ahn Thatecher (September 10, 2019)
Your pregnancy massage course has been invaluable in my progression as a therapist, and it has benefited me in so many ways I am forever grateful.
P.M (January 12, 2017)
“I am pleased to have taken part in the course and have enjoyed every bit of it. Very informative!
SO (June 23, 2016)