Due to the on-going situation with current pandemic, it is now a requirement from ITEC, that all vocational courses include a compulsory Covid19 unit, which is set at Level 2 – it includes the following 6 x learning outcomes:-
- LO1 Understand the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19
- LO2 Understand social responsibility for the complementary therapy and sports massage sectors in relation to COVID-19
- LO3 Understand the controls necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- LO4 Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Hand Hygiene and Personal Hygiene in the prevention of COVID-19
- LO5 Understand potential hazards and risks and the workplace procedures necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the complementary therapy/sports massage environment
- LO6 Understand decontamination and waste management processes relevant to complementary therapies and sports massage.
The aim of this unit is to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and how to work safely. Learners will develop knowledge on the importance of social responsibility, the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19, and the methods used to control transmission, such as correct hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will also gain an understanding of the safe working practices required to protect themselves and their future clients.
- Therefore, all students enrolling on our ITEC awarded course from 1st January 2021 will be required to undertake this additional unit, at a cost of £20.00.
- The course will be available on-line at the student’s may study this at their own pace. We recommend that learners factor this into their home study time, alongside their diploma course work and case studies.
- On scheduled exam days, students will be required to undertake an additional multiple-choice question paper, consisting of 23 questions. 30 minutes are allocated for this exam.
- There is an additional cost of £20.00 to undertake this compulsory unit.
- Your tutor will discuss this with you on enrolment.
- About 4 hours of home study should be allocated to study this online unit – remember this study time will span the three months of the ITEC course.
On successful completion, ITEC will issue a certificate titled: –
Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies & Sports Massage
Please note that Massage and Reflexology qualifications cannot be issued unless this unit is successfully completed.